The following section contain articles that Dave Lucier and other PAL personnel have had published, as well as miscellaneous articles that highlight presentations made at Turbine-Users’ groups.
Articles by Dave Lucier, Charlie Pond and/or Alfred Shuman published in Turbomachinery International, The Global Journal of Energy Equipment:
- November 11, 2014: How to test, maintain 7EA IGVs, auxiliaries to achieve top performance
- July/August, 2012: “When Bad Things Happen to Good Turbines”
- May/June, 2010 COVER FEATURES: “Energy Sources: Is it Practical?”
- November/December, 2009: “Maintenance with Budget Cuts”
- July/August, 2006: “Recording Data Manually”
- January/February, 2006: “A Primer on Smart Maintenance”
- May/June, 2005: “Lube Tips for Dog Days”
- March/April, 2005: “How to Change IGV’s with Rotor in Place”
- September/October, 2004: “How to Get the Most Out of Upgrades”
- April, 2003: “Rutland on the Leading Edge”
Articles by or about Dave Lucier and/or Charlie Pond, published in Combined Cycle Journal:
- Third Quarter 2012 “SPECIAL REPORT: The Venerable Frame 5”
David Lucier is quoted throughout on his experience with the Frame 5
- Second Quarter 2011 “STAG 103 Backstops Municipal Electric Systems”
Feature on Dave Lucier’s Borescoping Assignment on the first STAG™ 103 combined cycle
- Second Quarter 2010: “Memphis Beckons”
Charlie Pond gives presentation to the 2010 7EA Use’s Group
- Second Quarter 2008: “These Baby Boomers Also Deferring Retirement”
Article written by David Lucier for Combined Cycle Journal
Reviews of presentations given at Turbine Users’ Group meetings, published in Combined Cycle Journal:
- Third Quarter 2012 “Presentations by Shuman, Tucker Get Meeting Moving on a Fast Track”
Presentation by Al Shuman to the Frame 6 Users Group
- Third Quarter 2009: “Keeping liquid-fuel system components cool improves reliability of transfers from gas to oil”
PAL’s own Carlo Barrera, and his work are highlighted in piece
- Third Quarter 2007
Frame 6 Users’ Group Annual Meeting, Jacksonville, Florida
- Third Quarter 2006
Frame 6 Users’ Group Annual Meeting, Tempe, AZ
Presentation by Scott Berry of Indiana Municipal Power Agency, ABOUT how Pond And Lucier saved IMPA about $1 million by changing IGVs without removing the rotor.
- Fourth Quarter 2005
Presented to the Legacy Roundtable at the CTOTF meeting, Banff, Alta, Canada.
Addressed Maintenance Planning and What To Do When the Budget is Not Enough.
- Third Quarter 2005
Presented to the Legacy Roundtable at the CTOTF meeting, Annapolis, MD.
Addressed Rotor Design and Construction and related topics.
- Fourth Quarter 2004
Presented to the Legacy Roundtable at the CTOTF (Combustion Turbine Operations Task Force) meeting, Portland, OR, the workshop addressed:
- Troubleshooting GTs with fuel regulator controls
- Control upgrade for the MS5001L
- Troubleshooting Speedtronic™ Mark I control systems for MS5001N and MS7001B-C