- Gas Services Home
- Borescope Inspections
- Outage Planning and Management
- Technical Advisory Services
- Technical Training
- Speedtronic™ Troubleshooting
- Maintenance Service Agreements
- Inspections / Expert Witness Testimony
PAL Turbine Services, LLC has provided technical advisory (TA) services since 1999 on all GE model series
- MS3002G through J Compressor Drives
- MS5001D through P – Black Start Package Power Plants
- MS5002B-C - Compressor Drives
- MS 6001B - Combined-cycle Plants
- MS 7001B – EA & FA - Simple and Combined Cycle Plants
- MS 9001E - FA - Generator Drives for overseas clients
For over a decade PAL has provided TA services for:
- Mechanical outages
- Borescope inspections
- Maintenance planning
- Bid specification preparation
- Expert witness in litigations
Controls services include:
- ALL marks of Speedtronic™ controls (Mark I though VI & DLN tuning)
- Plant start-up after outages.
DID YOU KNOW that for over 60 years gas turbine generators have provided emergency and peaking power to consumers in the United States and around the world?
Since the Northeast Blackout in 1965, GE has produced and installed frame-size package power plants in electric utilities, oil refineries and process plants.
DID YOU KNOW you can get technical assistance from our new Turbine On-line Problem Solving (TOPS) service? Clients from Alaska, California, Texas and even Malaysia have connected into chat rooms set up by PAL, to reconcile problems with their gas, steam or wind turbines. Once registered and establishing a payment method, clients have spoken "on line" with experts to solve their problems. Photos, videos and PDF files can be "uploaded" for viewing and discussion with experts and the on-site parties with the problem. Clients with internet capabilities, as well as headsets with microphones, can communicate with experts in the USA. The service can accommodate engineers and clients at several locations as well.
NEED PEACE OF MIND?
DID YOU KNOW that PAL sends an expert, GE-trained Field Engineer to inspect your turbine? Then, other senior staff engineers review the findings and make special recommendations.
NOW THAT IS VALUE ADDED!
PAL experts can internally observe, digitally record and diagnose the condition of such critical components as inlet guide vanes, turbine buckets, nozzle segments and shroud blocks. The IPLEX borescope provides Stereo Imaging for precise measurement from any angle. Using the IPLEX Borescope System, among other things PAL experts can determine is whether your thermal barrier coating (TBC) is separating prematurely. Damage can be measured to the nearest one-thousandth of an inch!!
Cracks? Our Olympus stereoscope can measure a crack so you'll not only know its location and direction of propagation, but the length of the defect to within one-thousandth of an inch. This special feature can also measure the depth of any foreign object damage (FOD) indentations.
Let PAL borescope your gas turbine, and our experts will report on metallurgical conditions of internal components. Digital photographs will be made available before the engineer leaves the site. Timely reports are delivered with representative photographs and analysis of defects and recommendations.
Peace of Mind is Worth the Price of a Borescope Inspection
With the Olympus Iplex, PAL can handle your inspection needs more quickly and accurately! Contact PAL today!
Outage Planning and Management
- project planning by the Critical Plan Method (CPM)
- project management
- site management or
- technical advisory (TA) services for your next outage,
PAL's personnel has the expertise to plan, technically advise or supervise the job.
DID YOU KNOW that PAL has one of the most highly trained and experienced group of engineers and consultants of any of the non-OEM turbine service companies? PAL can offer mechanical, as well as, control system services.
In this age of deregulation, it is imperative that your system be as reliable and efficient as possible. PAL can lead you through the process of system evaluation, preventive maintenance, upgrade and modification to meet your goals.
For your Outage Planning and Management, Contact PAL today!
Technical Advisory Services
- Planned or forced outages (combustion, hot gas path and major inspections)
- Installations and site relocation of older power plants
- mechanical field engineering
- electrical services
Other services include:
- Borescope inspections
- Preparation of bid specifications and subsequent evaluation of bids
- Insurance investigations
- Expert witness in disputes
- Observance of tests at factories and repair facilities.
PAL has satisfied clients, why don’t you become one of them? Contact PAL today!
- Turbine Inspection, Maintenance and Evaluation (TIME©) for all GE model series, including MS3002, 5001, 5002, 6001, 7001 and 9001
- Systems, Operations and Start-up (SOS©) on the models identified above
- Control and Protection Systems (CAPS©) on Fuel Regulator and all generations of GE Speedtronic™
- Advanced Testing and Troubleshooting and Controls (ATTAC©) for the same systems identified above
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving (TAPS©) for all models and control systems, based upon the needs of the attendees.
Speedtronic™ Control and Protection Systems Troubleshooting
PAL has been known throughout the industry as capable of providing troubleshooting on Fuel Regulator and ALL Marks of Speedtronic™ controls (Mark I though VI & DLN tuning)
DID YOU KNOW that since the advent of gas turbine controls in the late 1940s, the Fuel Regulator was the control system of choice on GE gas turbines? In 1969, Speedtronic™ Mark I was invented. This system was provided on new turbines for about 3 years; the Mark II system lasted about 10 years in production. In the early 1980s, Mark IV and V were the control systems of choice by GE, as the micro-computer was perfected. At the turn of the century, the evolution continued to include Mark VI. Most modern units come equipped with <HMI> screens.
If you need a controls fix or upgrade, Contact PAL today!
Maintenance Service Agreements
Clients who have turned to PAL for Maintenance Service Agreements (MSA) want to improve the reliability and availability of their gas turbines by having regularly scheduled maintenance activities applied.
This service includes:
- Planning for periodic inspections
- Inspection forms and record keeping
- Recommended spare parts
Some clients have also opted to provide the disks provided by GE, so that they can be incorporated in the Instruction Book Navigator (IBN) system provided by PAL. Those with older GE gas turbines can have their books scanned into PDF format on CDs, converted to DVDs and used with Adobe Acrobat Professional for easy electronic access to information.
Contact PAL today and find out more about our Maintenance Service Agreements.
Inspections and Expert Witness Testimony
PAL can provide expert witness to clients involved in legal disputes involving General Electric (GE) gas turbines. This includes root cause analysis (RCA), on-site investigations, depositions and testimony as required. Over the past ten years, PAL has been deposed as technical experts by legal teams in claims of warranty or faulty craftsmanship against the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). We have also assisted clients in disputes with companies who have provided inadequate aftermarket repairs, services or overhauls of turbines.
PAL’s legal services include:
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Investigations
- Due diligence
- Technical research
- Over-the-phone interviews
- Depositions and courtroom testimony
Contact PAL today for details.