Turbine outages done right the first time!
PAL MOBILE, a division of PAL Turbine Services, has a team of experienced mechanical and electrical personnel who have been exclusively trained to do turbine overhauls and field modifications by the staff of PAL Turbine Services, LLC. The PAL MOBILE staff have been trained to work with meticulous attention to details and to follow the procedures and instructions of PAL supervisors, who themselves learned from the OEM. PAL technical directors (TD) have over 500 years of collective work experience. We know the value of doing the job correctly and safely!
PAL MOBILE offers complete turbine field services:
- Technical Directors (TD) and Mechanical Supervisors (MS) from PAL – for on-the-job direction and supervision of labor; millwrights, electricians, welders, riggers, pipe fitters.
- Outage Project Planning – Critical Path Method (CPM) using Microsoft Project Pro™. Flow charts and activities lists are provided.
- Instruction Book Navigator (IBN) – Adobe Acrobat adaptation of GE instruction book disks (if available) for digital access to information, drawings, specifications, TILs and other PDF files.
- Parts Planning – Generating parts lists and contact information for direct parts purchase; includes recommended consumables (gaskets, seals, o-rings indentified in advance of the outage).
- Tooling – fully-equipped tool trailer. Olympus borescope on site to assure internal cavities are free of foreign objects or debris prior to tops on. Cranes, fork lift, large air compressor are extra.
- Daily Safety & Planning Meetings. On-line engineering support from PAL headquarters.
On-call, technical support services from PAL Turbine Services, LLC headquarters is available whenever required. PAL will support job planning, unit disassembly, component inspection, internal alignment, reassembly, plant start-up and re-commissioning., as required by contract.
PAL believes in this simple winning equation:
Knowledge + Experience = Savvy
PAL MOBILE SPECIALTIES:
- IGV Change-outs (without removing compressor rotor) – technique perfected by PAL
- Clutch Replacements – removal and replacement of original jaw clutches with SSS products
- Gas Turbine Starting Diesel Engines – reconditioned engines by Haberek’s of Amsterdam, NY
- Combustion Inspections (CI) – single or dual fuel combustion systems
- Hot Gas Path (HGP) Inspections – bucket & nozzle replacements with rotor in place.
- Major Inspections (MI) – turbine and generator rotor removal and reinstallations.
- Bucket and Blade Replacement Specialists – when rotating components need replacing.